WHAT SHOULD YOU KEEP IN MIND WHILE APPEARING FOR JEE MAINS EXAM

A lot of students spend so much time in studying hard for two years, preparing and practicing, yet they fail to achieve their desired rank in JEE MAINS. Hard work has to be combined with smart work. Studying hard is 60% of the work done. The remaining 40% of efforts should be focused on planning the Dos and DONTs which has to be implemented while appearing for the exam. Its not enough to remember these points. The key to success is implementing them before you sit for the actual exam. Practice these strategies beforehand, time and again, so that when you sit in the exam – your brain automatically makes the correct decisions automatically- out of sheer habit.

  • The first and foremost point you have to keep in your mind is the time limit. Every one can solve all the questions if given sufficient time. The challenge comes when you have to do so in 3 hours.
  • The exam is for three hours, but don't let it fool you into thinking that each subject is 1 hour. The question paper is always set in such a way that Chemistry paper can be completed in 35 - 40 minutes. This because you will need this extra time in Mathematics and Physics.
  • First, solve all the questions that you find easy. Then, go through the question paper and spot the moderate level questions and solve them. Finally spend the rest of your time in the difficult ones. This will ensure that you won't leave off any question you know.
  • Do not be tensed during the exam for any reason. If you do not know a question, leave it and try it after some time. The chances are high that you will have a better chance at solving it after some time.
  • Another good thing you can thank for is the MCQ type questions. Once you see a question, do not go into solving it immediately. Look at the options. Chances are you may be able to find the answer through sheer elimination process.
  • Always keep an open mind. You can never be 100% sure what is coming towards you. Every year, there is some unpredictable change in the question paper. So, no matter how much strategy you have in place, at the last minute things can change. So be prepared to adjust.
  • Ensure adequate sleep and rest the day before exam. A tired mind will never perform at its optimum. Only a well rested mind and body can give its best. Whatever you have missed studying in these 2 years – you cannot make it up in one day. So best, revise whatever you have studied again and again and prepare to give your best by taking proper food and rest.